Wednesday 20 August 2008

Triple choc brownies




Something strange seems to be happening to me. I think I may be turning into a woman. Not only that, I think I may be turning into an all-American housewife. I just baked some triple choc brownies and I'm about to start on a batch of blueberry muffins. This can't be right, can it? Surely I should be butchering a cow or making a pig's head terrine or something. But baking? Whatever next? Will next week see me driving the kids four metres down the road to baseball practice in an SUV or chairing the next meeting of the local PTA? It's unlikely given that four metres down the road there's a home for crazy people and as far as I know they don't have a baseball pitch. Plus I don't have any kids. Yet.

I think there's some weird hormonal stuff floating around the atmosphere and I'm pretty sure I know where it's coming from. They say that a woman begins to 'nest' before she gives birth and I think it might be catching. I even did a spot of cleaning yesterday and I actually quite enjoyed it. Then I watched something on the E Entertainment Channel for over 10 minutes without shouting at the TV. This has never, ever happened before.

Quite frankly, I'm scared that things may get worse. If anyone catches me reading Grazia then please just put me in a cab to Spearmint Rhino with a crisp twenty in my hand and allow me to get back in touch with my masculine side, pronto. If not who knows where it will end. Probably with me making a quiche.

5 comments:

James said...

Have you done the ironing yet?

Anonymous said...

I don't tonk you can iron chocolate brownies, leastways it would totally change the presentation if not the ingredients, perhaps transforming them into some kind of fudge

Trig said...

I hear that Si King and Dave Myers have contracted the same disease.

Anonymous said...

Pete - If you email me at mike[hyphen]green[at]blueyonder[dot]co[dot]uk I'll send you a link to a Portuguese review of that last bloggers' meal at Bacchus. News spreads far and fast!

Pete said...

thanks Mike, Ros sent me the link already.