Tuesday 29 January 2008

Tired



4 weeks in and I'm beginning to settle into my routine. Our days are split into two halves and we either spend the morning in the kitchen and the afternoon in the demonstration room or vice versa. What doesn't change each week is the fatigue and the relentless pace of learning. Every night we write detailed time plans for the following day's cooking and for the past two weeks I've had after-hours lectures to familiarise myself with health and safety and all the essential but nasty details of salmonella and e coli.

All this means that updating the blog hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped but bear with me please and hopefully I'll be able to catch up on a few things at the weekend. I'm even more in admiration of Trig who keeps up his writing while holding down a full time chef's job over in Barcelona. I suppose he still has the energy of youth though!

1 comment:

Trig said...

Haha you wouldn't be saying that if you'd tried to wake me up before 3 o'clock in the afternoon on a Sunday!!